Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one instruction for the ACT. We recognize that nobody likes preparing for standardized tests, so we make every effort to make test prep as painless as possible. We think that our combination of a proven approach, great instruction and outstanding customer service makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
Minnesotans have historically demonstrated a keen preference for the ACT over the SAT. In recent years, nearly ten times as many students take the ACT than the SAT. Given the thorough overhaul of the SAT the College Board completed in 2016, there is much less data and fewer preparation materials for the SAT than for the ACT. Historically, Breakaway has found the ACT to be more straightforward, more predictable and more consistent than the SAT. We also have an extensive set of preparation materials to use for the ACT, including more than 30 real ACTs. And because all colleges that require testing accept either test, the ACT is an excellent choice for most students.
Private ACT instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, other advanced math topics, chemistry, physics and biology
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 30 practice ACTs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year at our testing center at 3440 Beltline Blvd. in St. Louis Park
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes and evenings
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a one-time $100 fee for materials and practice tests.
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form.