Does your student’s ACT English score need a boost?
Breakaway Test Prep is pleased to offer a series of intensive, two-hour advanced grammar bootcamps! The following is a listing of our three upcoming grammar bootcamps:
- Sunday, May 20 at the Minnetonka Community Center, located at 14600 Minnetonka Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 55345 from 3:00pm-5:15pm
- Saturday, June 2nd at Breakaway Test Prep, 3440 Beltline Blvd. Suite 106, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Monday, June 25th at the Minnetonka Community Center, located at 14600 Minnetonka Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 554345
- Monday, August 20th at the Minnetonka Community Center, located at 14600 Minnetonka Blvd., Minnetonka, MN 554345
Each bootcamp is designed to support students who need targeted help on the English section of the ACT and are preparing to take the June 9th, the July 14th or the September 8th ACT.
Concepts Covered in the Grammar Bootcamp
This bootcamp will cover the fourteen foundational grammar concepts commonly tested on the English section of the ACT. The instructor will introduce each principle in depth and then lead students through real examples of problems in which the material is tested. The bootcamp will build students’ confidence with the content and form of the English section, while giving them the opportunity to work through as many ACT problems as possible. Designed as a compliment to regular tutoring, the bootcamp will give students a boost in preparation for the upcoming ACT.
The grammar bootcamp will cover:
- Independent, dependent, and non-essential clauses
- Prepositional phrases
- Uses of colon, semi-colons, and commas
- Verb tense and agreement
- Pronouns, possessive pronouns, and relative pronouns
- Rhetorical questions about text structure, content, and organization
Barbara Jeffers holds a B.A. in English from St. Olaf College and an M.A. in English from Northwestern University; she has also achieved candidacy for a Ph.D. degree in English at Northwestern. (Wayzata bootcamps)
Jovana Babović has taught at the college and high school level for nearly a decade. She holds a PhD from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. (St. Louis Park bootcamp)
$180.00 due at time of registration. All materials are included in the fee.
Sunday, May 20th from 3:00 pm – 5:15 pm
Monday, June 25th from 6:30pm – 8:45pm
Monday, August 20th from 6:30pm – 8:45pm
Minnetonka Community Center
14600 Minnetonka Blvd.
Minnetonka, MN 55345
Contact Lori Wormald at [email protected] or 952-913-1027.
Saturday, June 2 from 10:00 am – 12:15 pm
Breakaway Test Prep
3440 Beltline Blvd., Suite 106
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Contact Ron Michalak at [email protected] or 612-216-5133.