Test Prep for Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Disorders
Does your student have a learning disability (LD) or attention disorder? Breakaway Test Prep, in partnership with Groves Academy, offers test prep specifically designed for your student.
Breakaway Test Prep and Groves Academy are pleased to offer the Twin Cities’ first and only ACT test prep options specifically designed for students with learning differences and attention disorders. Taught exclusively by Groves Academy teachers who are specialists in LDs and attention disorders, Breakaway Test Prep at Groves Academy combines the rigor of Breakaway’s innovative approach to test preparation with Groves Academy’s unique expertise in LD and ADHD.
Groves Academy is Minnesota’s only school exclusively dedicated to meeting the needs of students with learning disabilities and attention disorders. Together with Groves Academy instructors, Breakaway Test Prep has customized its proven program of test prep, and tailored it to meet the needs of students impacted by a range of learning or reading disabilities and attention disorders.
Groves Academy upper school teachers, who have been trained on all commonly tested concepts, critical time management strategies and essential test-taking techniques, offer private instruction throughout the year. In addition to their expertise with the ACT, Groves Academy instructors bring an advanced understanding of learning issues and attention disorders to their work with students, allowing them to modify their instructional approach to best meet the needs of each student. Instruction covers all sections of the ACT – English, math, reading, science and writing.
Breakaway Test Prep at Groves Academy includes all of the following:
- One-on-one instruction for the ACT with a Groves Academy upper school teacher who brings an expertise in both ACT instruction and learning issues and attention disorders
- Comprehensive reviews of critical concepts and test-taking techniques for all sections of the test, along with specific, customized strategies for grammar, math, science and writing
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s practice tests at held nearly every weekend of the year at our testing center at 3440 Beltline Blvd. in St. Louis Park
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available weekdays after school and on Saturdays
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a separate, one-time fee of $100 to cover the cost of practice tests and materials.
To register or to learn more about Breakaway’s private instruction for students with learning disabilities and/or attention disorders, please click here to complete an inquiry form or contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president and lead instructor, at [email protected] or 612-216-5133.