Welcome to Breakaway Test Prep!
We are the Twin Cities’ leading provider of private, one-on-one ACT and SAT instruction. We are thrilled that you are considering working with Breakaway as your child prepares for his or her upcoming standardized test.
Our combination of a proven approach, top-notch instruction from experienced instructors, and access to weekly proctored practice tests makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
How does it work?
One-on-one instruction is at the heart of what we do. Each of our students are matched with two instructors. One instructor focuses exclusively on the English, reading, and writing portions of the test, while the second instructor covers math and science.
If your child has not taken a recent, real ACT within the last 3-4 months, we recommend signing up for a practice test offered at our main offices in St. Louis Park. You can sign up for a practice test here. Beginning with a practice test gives your child an opportunity to deal with the pressures of the testing environment while getting practice on all sections of an ACT in a classroom full of their peers. It also provides us with a baseline score, and gives us an immediate understanding of areas of opportunity.
If a recent ACT has been completed, we recommend jumping right into our rigorous, one-on-one program.
Private instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s weekly proctored practice tests at our testing center in St. Louis Park
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math topics
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven course manual that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts and hundreds of sample problems
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes, and evenings
Let’s get started!
With a track-record for success and a team of experienced instructors ready to assist, we would love to connect. To get started, please contact Breakaway Director Matt McManus via email at [email protected] or at 612-578-9995 (text or call). In your email, please include basic information regarding your student (name, school, year in school, past scoring information).
If you would prefer, you may also complete the following inquiry form, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
We thank you for considering Breakaway Test Prep, and we look forward to hearing from you!