Welcome to Breakaway Test Prep!
We are thrilled that you are considering us for your student’s Bloomington ACT Prep needs! Your student’s ACT score is important. Higher standardized test scores can not only help improve candidacy at target colleges, better scores can also improve access to merit scholarships.
Introducing Breakaway Test Prep! We are the Twin Cities’ leading provider of private, one-on-one ACT and SAT tutoring. Our combination of a proven approach, top-notch instruction, and access to weekly practice tests makes test-prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
One-on-one instruction is at the heart of what we do. Our students know the ACT or SAT score that they need, and our private tutoring helps them reach that goal. Our program is rigorous, and our results are remarkable.
What is Included?
If your student has not taken a recent ACT or SAT within the last 2-3 months, we recommend signing up for an upcoming practice test. Click here to view upcoming dates and register for a test. Beginning with a practice test gives students critical experience dealing with the pressure of the test situation. It also provides us with a baseline score.
If your student has already completed a recent ACT or SAT, we recommend jumping right into our private tutoring program. Our Bloomington ACT Prep program includes the following:
- Access to more than 40 practice ACT’s and SAT’s
- Comprehensive reviews of all of the commonly tested concepts in grammar, Algebra I, geometry, Algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math concepts
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the ACT, including time-constrained sections of reading and science
- Convenient lesson times and locations. Instructors are available seven days per week, day-times, and evenings
- A proprietary and proven course manual that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts and hundreds of sample problems
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year
Let’s Get Started!
With a track-record of success and a team of experienced tutors ready to assist, we would love to connect. To get started, please contact Breakaway Director Matt McManus via email at [email protected] or at 612-578-9995 (text or call). In your email, please include basic information regarding your student (name, school, year in school, past scoring information).
You may also complete the following inquiry form, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Matt McManus is the director and lead instructor for Breakaway’s Bloomington ACT Prep courses. Matt has been with Breakaway since 2014, and actively works with students on a weekly basis. Having provided more than 6,000 hours of private instruction, he works with students of all levels. He also leads small-group ACT and SAT instruction at the Breck School, St. Thomas Academy, the Blake School, Minnehaha Academy, Providence Academy, and Bloomington-Jefferson. Matt is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Minneapolis native.