Getting Started – International
Let’s Get Started!
Private instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Discussions with the parent and/or student to identify the student’s academic strengths and whether the ACT or SAT is the most appropriate test.
- The creation of an individualised test prep plan in light of potential exam dates. It is important to have a larger plan in place to help ensure that a student will be prepared to meet college application deadlines.
- An at home/at school proctored ACT or SAT practice exam that will be scored and returned to the parent/student within 24 hours.
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly-tested concepts in grammar, reading, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math topics, plus chemistry, physics, and biology.
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the ACT’s especially time-constrained sections of reading and science.
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each test section’s key concepts, plus suggested test-taking strategies and hundreds of sample questions.
- A team of more than 85 experienced tutors (with bios available to parents/students).
- Instructional materials that include actual ACTs and/or SATs.
- Two tutors will be assigned to each student: an expert in English/reading comprehension/writing and an expert in math/science.
- Tutoring to be scheduled and completed via Skype or FaceTime. Written follow up is provided to parents and students after each hour-long session.
- Individualised homework assignments to be completed after each lesson.
- The cost for private instruction is £100/hour. There is a one-time £80 fee for materials and practice tests.