Test Prep for Students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Disorders
Does your student have a learning disability (LD) or attention disorder? Breakaway Test Prep is pleased to provide test prep specifically designed for your student.
Breakaway Test Prep offers the Twin Cities’ first and only ACT test prep program specifically designed for students with learning differences and attention disorders. Taught exclusively by Breakaway ACT instructors who specialize in working with students with LDs and attention disorders, Breakaway’s innovative test prep program for students with learning disabilities is tailored to meet the needs of students impacted by a range of learning or reading disabilities and attention disorders.
Breakaway instructors for students with LDs have been trained on all commonly tested concepts, critical time management strategies and essential test-taking techniques to help bring success on the ACT to their students. In addition to their expertise with the ACT, Breakaway instructors for students with LDs bring an advanced understanding of learning issues and attention disorders to their work with students, allowing them to modify their instructional approach to best meet the needs of each student. Instruction covers all sections of the ACT – English, math, reading, science and writing.
Breakaway Test Prep for students with learning differences and/or attention disorders includes all of the following:
- One-on-one instruction for the ACT with an instructor who brings an expertise in both ACT instruction and learning issues and attention disorders
- Comprehensive reviews of critical concepts and test-taking techniques for all sections of the test, along with specific, customized strategies for grammar, math, science and writing
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s practice tests at held nearly every weekend of the year at our testing center at 3440 Beltline Blvd. in St. Louis Park
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available weekdays after school and on Saturdays
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a separate, one-time fee of $100 to cover the cost of practice tests and materials.
To register or to learn more about Breakaway’s private instruction for students with learning disabilities and/or attention disorders, please contact Rachel Erickson, Breakaway’s director for students with learning disabilities, at [email protected] or 218-201-2615.