Welcome to Breakaway Test Prep!
We are thrilled that you are considering us for your student’s Prior Lake ACT Prep needs! Your student’s ACT score is important. Higher standardized test scores can not only help improve candidacy at target colleges and universities, better scores can also improve access to merit scholarships.
Introducing Breakaway Test Prep! We are the Twin Cities’ leading provider of private, one-on-one ACT and SAT instruction. Our combination of a proven approach, top-notch instruction, and access to weekly practice tests makes test-prep with Breakaway absolutely unbeatable.
One-on-one instruction is at the heart of what we do. Our students know the ACT or SAT score that they need, and we help them reach that goal. Our program is rigorous, and our results are remarkable.
How does it work?
If your child has not taken a recent, real ACT or SAT within the last 2-3 months, we recommend signing up for an upcoming practice test. Click here to view upcoming dates and register for a test. Beginning with a practice test gives students critical experience dealing with the pressure of the test situation. It also provides us with a baseline score.
If your student has already completed a recent, real ACT, we recommend jumping right into our private test-prep program. Our Prior Lake ACT Prep program includes the following:
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Comprehensive reviews of all of the commonly tested concepts in grammar, Algebra I, geometry, Algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math concepts
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the ACT, including time-constrained sections of reading and science
- Convenient lesson times and locations. Instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes, and evenings
- A proprietary and proven course manual that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts and hundreds of sample problems
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year
Get in touch!
With a track record of success and a team of experienced instructors ready to assist, we would love to connect. To get started, please contact Breakaway Director, Matt McManus, via email at [email protected] or at 612-578-9995 (text or call). In your email, please include basic information regarding your student (name, school, year in school, past scoring information).
You may also complete the following inquiry form, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.
Matt McManus is the director and lead instructor for Breakaway’s Prior Lake ACT Prep courses. Matt has been with Breakaway since 2014, and actively works with students on a weekly basis. Having provided more than 2,500 hours of private instruction, he works with students of all levels. He also leads small-group ACT and SAT instruction at the Breck School, St. Thomas Academy, the Blake School, Minnehaha Academy, Providence Academy, and Bloomington-Jefferson. Matt is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Minneapolis native. He currently lives in South Minneapolis with his wife.