Welcome to Breakaway Test Prep!
We are thrilled that you are considering us for your student’s ACT or SAT prep needs! Your student’s standardized test score is important. Higher standardized test scores can not only help improve candidacy at target colleges and universities, better scores can also improve access to merit scholarships.
Here at Breakaway, we are the Twin Cities’ leading provider of private, one-on-one ACT and SAT instruction. Our combination of a proven approach, top-notch instruction from experienced instructors, and access to weekly proctored practice tests makes test prep with Breakaway absolutely unmatched.
How does it work?
One-on-one instruction is at the heart of what we do. Our students know the ACT score that they need, and we help them reach that goal. Our program is rigorous, and our results are remarkable.
To begin, we recommend signing up for a practice test offered at our office in St. Louis Park or St. Paul. You can sign up for a practice test here. Beginning with a practice test gives your student an opportunity to deal with the pressures of the testing environment while getting practice on all sections of an ACT in a classroom of their peers. It also provides a baseline score against which progress can be measured.
If a recent ACT has been completed, we recommend jumping right into our one-on-one program.
Private instruction includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math topics
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven course manual that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts and hundreds of sample problems
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s weekly proctored practice tests at our testing center in St. Louis Park or in St. Paul
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes, and evenings
- Our rate for instruction is $125/hr and lessons are one hour in length; there is a one-time fee of $100 to cover the cost of access to our practice tests while the student works with us and all materials
With a track-record for success and a team of experienced instructors ready to assist, we would love to connect. To get started, please contact one of our directors located in an area convenient to you:
Edina/St. Louis Park
If you send an email, please include basic information regarding your student (name, school, year in school, past scoring information).
You may also complete the following inquiry form, and we will be in touch within 24 hours.