Prep for the digital, adaptive PSAT. Online or in-person with Breakaway Test Prep.
Beginning on October 11, 2023, college admissions testing entered a new era of digital, adaptive testing. On that date, many of our nation’s high school juniors, together with the College Board, the publisher of the PSAT, ushered in a new age of testing. The new PSAT, which students take on an approved device such as a laptop or Chromebook, is a digital, adaptive exam, allowing the College Board to significantly shorten testing time by about an hour, while offering more flexibility in terms of days and times within which to test.
To help students prepare for this experience, Breakaway is pleased to offer instruction for the digital PSAT, which is offered in October each year. Breakaway’s ONLINE prep platform includes ten fully digital, adaptive SAT exams as well as one digital, adaptive PSAT. Complemented by a lesson manual that offers insights into taking a digital test, Breakaway will help students learn how to take advantage of new digital testing tools such as marking problems for review, eliminating answer choices, highlighting text and annotating reading passages.
Breakaway uses a proven, rigorous approach to test prep to help students prepare for the PSAT and SAT. Private instruction for the PSAT and SAT with Breakaway typically consists of a series of weekly lessons to get a student ready for a real exam, and the program can be customized based on a student’s starting test score, desired score, availability and response to instruction. Each student who works with us works with two instructors, one of whom will tackle reading and writing and the other will manage math.
Breakaway’s program of private instruction includes:
- Private, one-on-one instruction for the PSAT and SAT with two expert Breakaway instructors
- One instructor would manage reading and writing and the other instructor would cover math
- Access to ten digital adaptive SAT exams and one digital adaptive PSAT exam via our digital prep platform
- Critical time management strategies and helpful test taking techniques for each section of the test
- A proprietary and proven course manual that provides a comprehensive overview of each section of the test, key concepts, helpful test-taking techniques and critical time-management strategies
- Supplementary practice problems for homework
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes and evenings
- The rate for private instruction is $135/hr. A separate, one-time testing and materials fee of $125 will cover access to our digital platform of SAT and PSAT exams.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area. Please contact the education director listed below at a location convenient to you.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] o
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected]
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Plymouth, Wayzata and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form.