SAT prep. In-person and online with Breakaway Test Prep.
Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one instruction for the ACT and the SAT. Due to Covid-19, while much of our instruction is being offered online, we are also providing in-person instruction at our offices throughout the Metro Area. As Covid-19 vaccines become more widely available, Breakaway will be able to offer all students the choice of in-person or online instruction at any of our five offices across the Metro Area. For more information on the PSAT, please click here.
At Breakaway, we recognize that nobody likes preparing for standardized tests, so we make every effort to make test prep as painless as possible. We think that our combination of a proven approach, great instruction and outstanding customer service makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
While Minnesota has always been an “ACT-friendly” state, thousands of our students take the SAT each year as well. While arguably a more difficult test, the SAT offers students who may struggle with the time constraints of the ACT a distinctly different test-taking experience. In roughly the same amount of time as a full ACT exam, the SAT asks students 60 fewer questions than an ACT, giving students about 25% more time to solve the test. At the same time, because it is a less time-constrained test, the SAT can be a more challenging exam, with more difficult reading passages and more complex math problems than we’ve seen on the ACT.
If your student is just beginning to evaluate which test may be a better fit, Breakaway can help your student make a sound decision. Breakaway runs full-length proctored practice exams every weekend of the year, and your student is welcome to join us. We always offer both ACT and SAT exams at our practice tests, and you can sign up your student for a test by clicking here.
Breakaway offers a comprehensive program of test prep for students who wish to prepare for the SAT. Private SAT instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry and other advanced math topics
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the reading, writing, math (with calculator) and math (without calculator) sections
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 30 official SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year; due to Covid-19, practice exams are held ONLINE via Zoom
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, day times and evenings
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a one-time $100 fee for materials and practice tests.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] o
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected]
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Wayzata, Mound and Orono, please contact Lori Wormald, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Maple Grove and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form, or call Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s founder, at 612-216-5133.