Thinking about summer test prep? Think Breakaway!
For current sophomores (Class of 2022) and juniors (class of 2021) planning to take the August 29th (or October 3rd) SAT, now is a great time to think about summer test prep. Breakaway is pleased to offer a five-week prep class at the Blake School starting in July. Classes will take place in-person subject to safety guidelines from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health.
The summer before junior or senior year is one of the best times of the year to work on test prep as students are free of the distractions of the school year and can really focus on their ACT or SAT prep work. Breakaway is pleased to provide a range of convenient test prep options for your student this summer. Breakaway offers a variety of small group instruction options in addition to the private, one-on-one instruction we provide every week of the year. Learn more about both below.
Small Group SAT Instruction at the Blake School
Breakaway is pleased to provide SAT instruction to small groups of students this summer. If you want plenty of individualized attention and an opportunity to learn alongside a small group of motivated peers, this class is for you. The program also includes full-length practice exams, score reports and analyses to identify your areas of strength and weakness. If you’re determined to get a top score and need expert, guided instruction, Breakaway can help you reach your goals.
Students should plan to take a practice test with Breakaway prior to starting the class. Practice tests are offered at Breakaway. Click here to register for a test.
To register or to learn more, please contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] or 612–216–5133.
Private Instruction for the SAT with Breakaway
Breakaway offers a comprehensive program of test prep for students who wish to prepare for the SAT. Private SAT instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry and other advanced math topics
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the reading, writing, math (with calculator) and math (without calculator) sections
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 30 official SATs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held online during the Covid-19 crisis
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, day times and evenings
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a one-time $100 fee for materials and practice tests.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] o
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected]
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Wayzata, Mound and Orono, please contact Lori Wormald, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Maple Grove and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form, or call Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s founder, at 612-216-5133.