Thinking about summer test prep? Think Breakaway! Now ONLINE due to Covid-19
If you’re the parent of a current sophomore or junior, now is a great time to be thinking about summer test prep. Summer before junior year or senior year is the ideal time to prepare for the ACT or the SAT as students are free from the pressures and distractions of the school year.
During the summer, Breakaway offers a variety of test prep solutions to accommodate students’ summer schedules, learning styles and ACT/SAT goals. These solutions include small group instruction and private, one-on-one instruction. Information on our private instruction for the ACT or SAT can be found below.
Due to the Covid-19 crisis, both small group and private instruction will be offered online, typically via Zoom, until the risk of community spread of the coronavirus subsides.
How the process works
Current sophomores (rising juniors) can choose between small group instruction or private, one-on-one instruction. Prior to the summer, Breakaway recommends that all students take a practice exam with us, ideally sometime in April, May or early June. The practice exam will give the student experience dealing with the pressure and time constraints of an ACT or SAT and provide the student with a baseline score against which to measure their progress during summer prep. Practice tests are now online due to the Covid-19 crisis. Please click here to register your student for a practice test.
Current juniors (rising seniors) who have already taken the ACT should consider private instruction to prepare for additional testing. Because private instruction can be tailored to meet specific needs of the student, Breakaway can customize a program of instruction to help a student shore up weaknesses and capitalize on their strengths. Information about private instruction can be found below.
Private ACT or SAT instruction with Breakaway this summer!
Breakaway is pleased to offer the Twin Cities’ finest one-on-one instruction for the ACT and SAT. Private instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- One-on-one instruction with two of Breakaway’s expert instructors: one instructor will manage English, reading and writing with the student, and the other will help with math and science
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, other advanced math topics, chemistry, physics and biology
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 40 current ACTs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held every weekend of the summer; practice tests will be conducted online via Zoom during the Covid-19 crisis
- Our rate for instruction is $125/hr. There is a separate, one-time fee of $100 charged on the first invoice which covers the cost of access to our practice exams and all materials.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] o
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected]
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Wayzata, Mound and Orono, please contact Lori Wormald, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- In Maple Grove and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected]
- For students with learning issues and/or attention disorders, please contact Rachel Erickson, Breakaway’s director for students with learning issues, at [email protected]
com or 218-201-2615.