Welcome to Breakaway Test Prep!
Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one ACT and SAT instruction. We provide individualized, comprehensive Waconia ACT Prep services along with a comprehensive suite of additional services. These include weekly proctored practice tests, AP and academic tutoring for a range of classes, and college counseling services.
We have been helping students prepare for standardized tests for over six years. Our team of instructors is unparalleled, with thousands of hours of instruction and backgrounds from some of the top universities across the country. Our combination of a proven approach, great instruction, and outstanding customer service makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
How does it work?
If your child has not taken an ACT within 3-4 months, to get started with our program, we recommend signing up for a practice test offered at our main office in St. Louis Park. Click here to view upcoming dates and register for a test. Beginning with the practice test gives students critical experience dealing with the pressure of the test situation while getting practice on all sections of a test in a classroom full of their peers. It also provides us with a baseline score.
If your student has already completed a recent, real ACT, we recommend jumping right into our rigorous program. Our Waconia ACT Prep program includes the following:
- Access to more than 40 practice ACTs and SATs
- Comprehensive reviews of all of the commonly tested concepts in grammar, Algebra I, geometry, Algebra II, trigonometry, and other advanced math concepts, chemistry, physics, and biology
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the ACT, including time-constrained sections of reading and science
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes, and evenings
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts and hundreds of sample problems
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year
Get started on your Waconia ACT Prep!
Breakaway has a track-record for success and a team of experienced instructors ready to get started with your student. Our private, one-on-one approach is unmatched, and our program is remarkable. To get started, we recommend completing our online inquiry form. (When filling out the form, please select Eden Prairie for location). Once we receive your inquiry, we will respond within 24 hours.
If you prefer to email directly, please contact Matt McManus via email at [email protected] or 612-578-9995 (text or call).
Matt McManus is the director and lead instructor for Breakaway’s Waconia ACT Prep courses. Matt has been with Breakaway since 2014, and actively works with students on a weekly basis. Having provided more than 2,000 hours of instruction over the past two years, he works with students of all levels, with a primary focus on math and science. Matt is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Minneapolis-native; he currently lives in South Minneapolis with his wife.