Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one and small group standardized test instruction for high school students who aspire to attend a college or university anywhere in the nation. We are also a premiere provider of academic tutoring for virtually any high school level class. We use a proven, rigorous approach to test prep to help students prepare for the ACT, SAT, PSAT and other standardized tests. Why choose Breakaway?
- ACT, SAT and PSAT instruction is the focus of our work. Breakaway is constantly evaluating the latest tests the ACT and SAT make available. We make it our job to understand everything about the tests and stay on top of key format and content changes.
- A consultative approach to test prep. For nearly a decade now, Breakaway has been the leader in taking a consultative, data-driven approach to test prep. Our process begins with the student taking a practice test so that we have actionable data on which to make recommendations and formulate a prep plan. Our students then take a practice exam every 3-4 weeks while prepping with us to ensure that they make appropriate and expected progress.
- Instruction that combines strategy and conceptual reviews. Breakaway instruction seamlessly blends through reviews of frequently tested concepts with essential test-taking techniques and time management strategies to offer your student a critical advantage when taking the test.
- Dedicated team for students with learning differences and attention disorders. Breakaway is the only test prep organization in Minnesota to have a team of experienced instructors who work exclusively with students who have accommodations for testing. Many of these instructors are also full-time teachers at Groves Academy, Minnesota’s only school focused on the needs of students who have dyslexia and/or attention disorders.
- Private, one-on-one instruction that drives results. During the school year, we only offer private, one-on-one instruction, providing your student with the ultimate in effectiveness, scheduling flexibility and efficiency in preparing for a standardized test.
- Unrivalled instructor team. Breakaway has an unmatched team of 40+ veteran ACT and SAT instructors, 60% of whom have a master’s degree and seven who hold a Ph.D.
- Proctored practice exams every weekend. Breakaway is the only ACT and SAT prep organization in Minnesota to offer full-length proctored practice exams every weekend of the year (no testing on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s weekends). Results are made available within a few days so that your student can review their work at the next lesson.
- Real materials. Real results. Unlike Kaplan and the Princeton Review, Breakaway uses real, previously administered ACTs and SATs, ensuring that the results your student sees in prep will translate precisely to the results they see on the real ACT and SAT.
- Five metro-area locations that offer convenient, effective test prep. Along with our test centers in St. Louis Park and Mendota Heights, Breakaway has teams of instructors ready to go in Eden Prairie, Maple Grove and Wayzata. Call today. Get started tomorrow.
- Leading Twin Cities prep schools choose Breakaway. Don’t take our word for it. Breakaway is the exclusive provider of ACT and SAT instruction at the Blake School, the Breck School, Providence Academy, Shattuck-St. Mary’s, St. Thomas Academy, Minnehaha Academy, Bloomington-Jefferson High School and South Washington County High Schools.
- Word-of-mouth is the way we grow our business. Breakaway has enjoyed nearly ten years of quiet, continuous growth because happy parents and students tell other parents and students about us. We work hard to ensure the best possible test prep experience for each and every one of our students.
Call us to learn more. We’re here to help.
Edina/St. Louis Park
Maple Grove/Northwest Suburbs