Breakaway Test Prep and Tutoring specializes in one-on-one SAT, ACT and more than 40 high school classes in math, science, language arts and history. We provide tutoring of a quality unsurpassed in the industry. We are headquartered in Edina, Minnesota and have offices in St. Paul, Plymouth, and Eden Prairie. We are currently seeking tutors for all offices. Breakaway provides in-person, one-on-one private instruction as well as online and small group instruction at locations across the metro area. We focus on building close, meaningful relationships with the students and families we serve, and those relationships lead to quiet but impressive growth year after year. We maintain our high standards by offering the most rigorous test prep and tutoring program in Minnesota, which is delivered by a team of expert instructors. Our unrivalled instructor team and relentless focus on excellence ensures the best possible tutoring experience for our clients.
Breakaway has immediate opportunities for outstanding independent contract math, science and language arts instructors who live in the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area, particularly those who live in the western suburbs, e.g., Eden Prairie, Plymouth, Minnetonka, Wayzata, etc. Breakaway instructors provide tutoring for the ACT, SAT and PSAT, as well as for more than 40 high school classes, including all levels of high school math and science classes. Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated experience tutoring students in Calculus AB, Calculus BC and AP Statistics.
We are searching for applicants who have:
- Stellar academic credentials (successful candidates must possess at least a BA/BS from a highly competitive college or university; master’s degrees and/or Ph.D’s desirable; current graduate students are encouraged to apply)
- An expertise in math and/or science, as well as demonstrated success tutoring AP-level classes
- Advanced degree(s) in biology, chemistry, physics, math or similar along with experience tutoring students in these subjects
- Minneapolis or near west-suburban location ideal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an energetic personality
- A demonstrated track record of success in raising students’ test scores
- An intuitive teaching ability and the adaptability to serve students with diverse needs
If you meet these requirements and are interested in speaking with us, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact [email protected] to learn more.