ACT and SAT Prep. In-person and online with Breakaway Test Prep.
Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one instruction for the ACT and the SAT. Due to Covid-19, while much of our instruction is being offered online, we are also providing in-person instruction at our offices throughout the Metro Area. As Covid-19 vaccines become more widely available, Breakaway will be able to offer all students the choice of in-person or online instruction at any of our five offices across the Metro Area.
At Breakaway, we recognize that nobody likes preparing for standardized tests, so we make every effort to make test prep as painless as possible. We think that our combination of a proven approach, great instruction and outstanding customer service makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
If your student is just starting the prep process, they would be welcome to join Breakaway for a practice test. Breakaway runs full-length proctored practice exams every weekend of the year, and we always offer both ACT and SAT testing. By taking a practice test before starting the prep process, students get important exposure to the duration of the exam and the ways in which the ACT and SAT test key concepts. At the same time, the practice test allows students to establish a baseline score against which progress made during prep can be measured. To learn more about our practice tests and to register, please click here.
Information about our proven approach to ACT instruction is below. To learn more about SAT and PSAT instruction with Breakaway, please click here.
Private ACT instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, other advanced math topics, chemistry, physics and biology
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 30 practice ACTs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year; during the Covid-19 crisis, we are offering practice exams online via Zoom
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes and evenings
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a one-time $100 fee for materials and practice tests.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected] or 612–216–5133.
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected] or 612-578-9995.
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 218-791-7910.
- In Wayzata, Mound and Orono, please contact Lori Wormald, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 952-913-1027.
- In Maple Grove and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 612-396-9676.
- For students with learning issues and/or attention disorders, please contact Rachel Erickson, Breakaway’s director for students with learning issues, at [email protected]com or 218-201-2615.
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form.