ACT Prep now ONLINE with Breakaway
Breakaway Test Prep is Minnesota’s leading provider of private, one-on-one instruction for the ACT and the SAT. We recognize that nobody likes preparing for standardized tests, so we make every effort to make test prep as painless as possible. We think that our combination of a proven approach, great instruction and outstanding customer service makes test prep with Breakaway unbeatable.
Minnesotans have historically demonstrated a preference for the ACT over the SAT. In large part, this is due to the fact that for the past several years, the State of Minnesota has required all juniors enrolled in our public high schools to complete an ACT during the second semester of junior year.
Breakaway finds that relative to the SAT, the ACT is a more straightforward, “black and white” test. The ACT looks and feels similar to the tests your student takes in high school. The biggest challenge of the ACT for many students are the time constraints of the test. In roughly the same amount of time (about three hours), the ACT asks 215 questions on its test while the SAT asks just 154 questions. That said, the SAT can be much more nuanced than the ACT, and most students will find the test to be more challenging. Breakaway can help your student develop a sound, strategic approach to the admissions tests that gets results.
During the Covid-19 crisis, Breakaway is offering private instruction online. Like always, students will work with two experienced ACT instructors, one of whom will tackle English, reading and the writing test, while the other instructor will manage math and science.
Private ACT instruction with Breakaway includes the following:
- Comprehensive reviews of all commonly tested concepts in grammar, algebra I, geometry, algebra II, trigonometry, other advanced math topics, chemistry, physics and biology
- Critical test-taking and time management strategies for all sections of the test, including the time-constrained sections of reading and science
- A proprietary and proven study guide that provides thorough overviews of each section of the test, including key concepts, hundreds of sample problems and critical insights about test-taking and time-management strategies
- Access to more than 30 practice ACTs
- Access to Breakaway’s proctored practice tests held nearly every weekend of the year; during the Covid-19 crisis, we are offering practice exams online via Zoom
- Convenient lesson times and locations; instructors are available seven days per week, daytimes and evenings
- The cost for private instruction is $125/hour. There is a one-time $100 fee for materials and practice tests.
Breakaway is pleased to offer private instruction in various convenient locations across the metro area.
- To learn more about prep in Edina, St. Louis Park, Minneapolis and Minnetonka, contact Ron Michalak, Breakaway’s president, at [email protected]waytestprep.com or 612–216–5133.
- In Eden Prairie, Chanhassen and Chaska, please contact Matt McManus, Breakaway director. at [email protected] or 612-578-9995.
- In St. Paul and St. Paul suburbs, please contact John Kingsbury, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 218-791-7910.
- In Wayzata, Mound and Orono, please contact Lori Wormald, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 952-913-1027.
- In Maple Grove and the northwest suburbs, please contact Barbara Jeffers, Breakaway director, at [email protected] or 612-396-9676.
- For students with learning issues and/or attention disorders, please contact Rachel Erickson, Breakaway’s director for students with learning issues, at [email protected]com or 218-201-2615.
Ready to get started? Click here to register for a practice test. Or, if you’d prefer to arrange a call to discuss your student and how Breakaway could help, please click here to complete an inquiry form.